Remember when I pressed flowers on Earth Day? I finally made something with them: coasters!
Materials and tools:
- Pressed flowers (My friend Kayla of Impressed by Nature has fun, easy to use flower presses!)
- Decoupage glue (My favorite is ArtMinds – a Michaels brand – because it doesn’t leave a sticky residue which means you don’t have to put a top coat of sorts. It also comes in a glossy version.)
- Tiles (I found these at Home Depot)
- Foam brush
- You can plan out where you want your petals to go, or just go for it!
- Brush on a layer of glue.
- Add petals.
- Coat tile with an even layer of glue. I like to coat on at least three layers of glue.
- Allow to dry between layers of glue (10-15 minutes), then allow to dry over night after adding the final layer of glue.
Note that some of the petals changed color or bled – the hydrangeas and the bougainvilleas in particular. If I were to do this again I’d stick with yellows and greens – the daisies and the jacaranda leaves did really well.
These were so fun to make – and super simple, too. I see flower coasters in everyone’s future…:)