I was in the market for a ring dish, but I thought hey, why not make my own? Here’s what ended up happening…
Materials & tools:
- Decoupage glue – Art Minds is my favorite brand (from Michaels)
- Contact paper – I chose gold. (Remember when I made my treat containers?)
- Dishes – Surprise! I found these in the kitchen section of Ranch 99.
- Foam brush
- Cut out shapes. Try triangles, squares, lines…
- Peel the protective coating off the contact paper and stick onto dish.
- Apply an even coat of decoupage glue. Allow to dry. Repeat.
Simple shapes make these jewelry dishes look real fancy.
I like the Art Minds decoupage glue brand over other brands because it’s more matte and not sticky feeling when it dries.
Tahdah! A place for my rings to live for when I’m not suppose to wear them.
Now you try! 🙂